Re: [MV] Bridge Plate Help.

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 20:16:13 PDT

"Jeffery S. Neer" <JNEER@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I am installing a bridge plate on the right front of the grill. It
> probably isn't an authentic piece for an M-35 made in 1973. I just like
> it.
>
> I'm looking for help with information on what numbers would be
> appropriate.

According to my TM, the vehicle classification numbers for an M35A2
are:

Empty: 6
Full cross-country load: 8
Full highway load: 11

The numbers vary a bit for other models... for example, my shop van's
numbers are 7/9/10, an M35A1 has different numbers, etc. I assumed
your truck is an M35A2 based on the year you mentioned.

The bridge numbers are listed in the operator's manual.

Your bridge plate might be authentic. My 1972 2.5-ton van came with
one on the grill, and I got it straight from DRMO. You can see
pictures of it on my web page if you're curious.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/