Re: [MV] Oil changes

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 09:21:20 PDT

RoughDoc@aol.com wrote:
> The Army doesn't replace/change oil in 2 1/2T or larger vehicles on
> a regular basis. The oil is changed based on monthly samples that
> are taken and sent of for analysis. No wear, no change. It's claimed
> it saves money.

That's a good point. I wonder whether that might be a good idea for us
collectors, too? Can anybody comment on the cost and difficulty of
getting a single oil sample tested? I can see how this would make
sense if you have a large fleet of trucks and maintain your own
testing lab, but I wonder if it's still economical if you have one or
two trucks, and need to pay somebody else to analyze your samples.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/