Re: [MV] Land Rover Lightweight question.

From: Tim Bell (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 09:29:12 PDT

There may be a problem with the Suzuki "jeep"... however the article in the
press - either Telegraph or Times - was specifically related to ex-MOD
Landrovers.

I think it was due to the rubber seals perishing - the article advised
anyone purchasing an ex-MOD landrover to replace the tank seals asap.

The article was published after several accidents where the unfortunate
occupants were killed.

I may still have the article somewhere since I remember cutting it out of
the paper.

I dont recall if there was a specific version of landrover mentioned - or if
it was a generic problem - however I do remember it was MILITARY - and not
civilian.

The reason I can be so sure about this is that details about Military
vehicles tend to stick in my mind - whereas stuff about Suzuki "jeeps" is
not an interest of mine.

Regards

Tim