Re: [MV] Land Rover Lightweight question.

From: Jim Webster (jimweb@simonides.prestel.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 11:43:16 PDT

King wrote:

> >Having survived a 1200lb land mine in Northern Ireland and ended up
> >inside the upside down Land Rover IN the bottom of the crater with the
> >petrol pouring out of the filler caps all over me [I was trapped by my
> >legs which were stuck through the remains of the windscreen] I can
> >assure you that checking the cap seals assumes a high priority in your
> >life after that. On top of that it ruined my best beret....

> Well then,I stand corrected.
> Andre

Not really - I was looking at the pictures today and remembered that
every filler cap had been 'popped' by the explosion. Its not something
that would happen in the usual course of events with a Land Rover even
when you roll it :-)

TTFN
Jim
Honorary Secretary
ICQ: 58721472 [usually online 1900-2000 UK Time]