CCKW tire size ?

From: stephen l dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 15:27:50 PDT

  A fellow today tried to give me a WWII CCKW. I assume its a CCKW. I
have "limited" knowledge about WWII stuff. Its a very old
Duece-and-a-half. Tandem axle dual tired large green truck. Has a
wooden steering wheel, kinda neat. Anyways, this truck has been sitting
YEARS !! The owner only wants the tires on it ( why, I don't know.
They're probably C**P, after sitting in one place so long), and the farm
bed. I can have it for free. I will worry about making it go or
whatever some other day. My question is........ If I haul it oof. I
figure I'll remove the tires on it, and give them back to the owner. SO,
how much difficuoty will I have finding tires to go on those wheels ?
Are they the same as "modern" 2 & 1/2 tonners ? I mean M35's. Without
having my M109A3 in front of me, I don't know hwat size I'm lookin at.
 Soooooo........ Can anyone enlighten me as to what kinda trouble I'm
headed for ? Steve
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.