: [MV] Re-cap on home air compressors...

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 14:55:49 PDT

I agree with everyone about the 175 psi 2 stage. Anything less is a waste of
money in my humble opinion unless you just want to inflate tires...

One thing that was not mentioned is that you can buy cheap air tools and
they will do the job.

I have a $75 made in China 3/4" impact wrench for the deuce wheels. Works
great at 175 psi! It just sputters at 90 psi

Sandblasting is a killer on compressors. I suggest that you rent a gas
compressor when you want to do something big like a whole vehicle or
sometimes better, look around for a place that does it commercially. I found
a place here in NH that will do a deuce for $500 and prime it too!

For really big jobs I have Mr LeRoi at 105 cfm...

Steve AKA Dr Deuce