[MV] Sandblasting

From: Ernie Kleckner (erndog@flashcom.net)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 14:42:23 PDT

LeavesHey Listers, I see alot of discussion here on sandblasting your
trucks, I am a sandblaster have been doing it since I was 13 that's 24
years. My suggestion if you don't have a fleet of vehicles to blast then
call out your local blaster. If the customer has a place to do the work we
charge a $250- min. for travel and the first hour, then 125.00 per hour
after that, but to let you know how long it takes I did one of our work
trucks last week, Chevy C-50 with a flat bed back, it took 15 min. the week
before I did a concrete mixer it took 45 min. Most places will cut the
price if you keep the sand and pay in cash. If you have only a couple of
parts that are easily transported then call your local blaster and ask if
they can do it on one of their jobs, depending on the blaster you can get
away with anything from 25 bucks to a 12 pack of beer. Only real
recommendation is that you make sure the blaster knows what he is doing,
with a large machine it is easy to warp hoods, fenders and doors most
everything else is not a problem except GLASS. My little machine is a truck
mounted Ingersol Rand 365 CFM diesel compressor and I use a #7 nozzle, works
great just don't expect a high gloss finish on body parts. Well that's my 2
cents.