CCKW Pipe Line Truck

From: INDUSTELE@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 11:52:36 PDT

I've run across an excellent condition WWII CCKW 2-1/2 ton truck that is set
up with a stiff arm type lifting boom, along with legs that lower for
support, as well as what looks like a typical pipe line truck's "headache
rack". I know from the Catalog of US Military Vehicles that the CCKW came in
a "pipeline" configuration, and I'm guessing that this is one of these. Does
anyone have a photo of a "pipeline" configured CCKW, so I can compare against
what I've found to determine what's original and what's not. I would think
that this is a fairly rare truck. Thanks for any information you may have.

Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama USA