Re: [MV] are (?) truck

From: KBDewey 42GPW (dirtman42GPW@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 23:41:59 PDT

All in a previous post on the above subject I reported the nomenclature
as G 546 but my note taken from the data tag says "H-542 5T 4x2 Tractor"
However in "US Army Handbook 1939-1945" by George Forty there is a pix
of 4 of the trucks on page 164 "known as the M425 and M426 by the army,
was one of the mainstays of the "Red Ball Express", with it's 10T
trailer". This truck is in New Pine City Oregon and owned by Bronco
Beachly. Some one should save this truck as its fairly complete,
probably only needs a paint job and gas to go. K