Assemble 1919A4?

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 13:37:54 PDT

Re: Machine gun, Browning 1919A4, 7.62

Just finished assembly of a fairly complete shell for a 1919A4 and it came
looking nice. I had to use JB weld to hold in rivets for the right side
plate! Still good enough for a display.

Now I am working on a complete display parts kit for a second Browning MG and
want to do a better job, but the problem is hammering in those darn rivets!
I want to fit the rivets in permanently on both side plates. However, once
you rivet one side on, doesn't matter which....there isn't enough room to
punch the stem of that helical rivet into a mushroom on the inner side of the
second plate. So how do you rivet on both sides plates? Help!

I tried using the flat end of a socket and wedging it in between the two
sides, then driving the rivet into it, but it doesn't completely mushroom out
the rivet. Frustrating!

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Jack