Re: [MV] Assemble 1919A4?

From: Brent McClearen (brent@multipro.com)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 19:24:39 PDT

Jack,

Use a standard blind rivet, aluminum bodied, steel core, with a head
diameter about the same as the original rivet. Pop them in, access is
required only from one side, hence the name "blind" rivet) then if necessary
tap the broken steel tip a little until deeper into the rivet body in the
gun. Now top off each rivet with a blob of epoxy or JB weld or other
paintable permanant and rugged goop. Then sand off to the pan head shape of
the original rivet, and VOILA! Youre done. I've done it. It looks great
and is cheap.

Practice first on a made up steel model of the holes with different rivet
styles till you get what you want.