List update

From: Mil-Veh List Admin (postmaster@uller.skylee.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 00:43:32 PDT

Mil-Veh list members:

I apologize once again for being so absent the last couple
of months. I follow the list via the digest and the web
archive, and am happy that you have policed yourselves
fairly well. Last Friday, we successfully completed a major
phase of my employer's Internet project, and have time once
again to breathe a bit.

I moved the list over to the G4 about two weeks ago (I hope
you saw little, if any, interruption in service). I still
have some housekeeping things to do, but nothing that should
hamper operations.

I have also indexed the archives at
http://www.skylee.com/search.html and will keep the index
available for you all to test for a couple of weeks. I may
need to do some tweaking to improve its usefulness, but it
does seem to work adequately. It is automatically updated
early every morning, so the current day's posts won't show
up in the index until the next day.

A brief reminder about what we're about here: this list is
for the discussion of privately owned military vehicles.
ONLY topics about that are appropriate. Some discussions may
seem a bit tedious (the proper pronounciation of a
particular manufacturer of jeeps comes to mind) but as long
at the topic relates directly to the private ownership of
military vehicles, it is fair game. Just keep your messages
relevant and polite.

As e-mail directed to me is easy for me to miss in the large
quantites of routine, automated mail concerning subscribes,
unsubscribes, and mail errors, I have set up an account
which I will monitor more closely than mil-veh-request or
this postmaster account. If you need to reach me, try
<help@skylee.com>.

--Arthur
  Mil-Veh list admin