Re: [MV] GPW windshield frame rubber help needed

From: MVBOATNUT@aol.com
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 04:43:16 PDT

I have a new windshield frame for my GPW (inner) and need to install the "U"
shaped rubber seal around it. Any tricks or other hints on how to do this
easily...?

If you are using your original inner frame make sure ALL the old hardened
rubber is removed. I used a little heat to soften the rubber and started
scrapping and digging. Sandblast, prime and paint the frame.

The one piece rubber replacement is then easy to slide in using the small
circles in the corners of the channel. I found that a little silicone spray
works better then detergent soap. Slide the new rubber in. When you have all
the rubber in you then gently work the rubber into the corner channel with a
dull screwdriver. It works.

Andy LaBorde