1919A4 kit assembly

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 09:18:22 PDT

Since I was trying this for the first time, I thought it would be helpful to
pass along what I learned for the benefit of other novices.

For assembly of the 1919A4 side plates, it now looks like the best solution
is:

#1. DRIVE RIVETS. Made by SOUTHCO RIVET DISTRIBUTORS. Part number
38-106-12-16.

Alternate solutions from the list and not ranked in order are....

# Use the regular helical head steel rivets. One side can be mushroom easy
using a flat punch, the other side can be held fast using JB weld. Works
good, looks right.

# Just use hex head bolts, forget the rivets. Looks good and is very
strong. Can be disassembled easy too.

# Try using the rivet head on the inside and tap the outside flat, forming a
smooth exterior. Looks good and is as strong as new.

# Buy the rivet tool thru Shotgun News, works well enough and you can use
the ordinary steel rivets.

Thanks to everyone who helped. This list is a great resource of information
and it's much appreciated.