[MV] Kettenkrad trailer serial number

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 06:35:09 PDT

At 22.45 01/05/00 +0200, ANDREAS wrote:
>Hi listers,
>
>now I'm proud owner of an original trailer for the Kettenkrad, but I have
a problem:
>I can't find any serial number on the trailer.
Does anyone know, where I have to look? I don't want to >remove all paint
only for looking for the chassis number.
I'm not sure if the tow bar is original. It looks original, >but it
is too long. When I look on old pictures fromm WW2, the tow >bar is much
shorter.

>If anyone of you has such a special trailer for the Kettenkrad,
>please tell me where the cahssis number is located and how long the towbar
is.

>Andreas

Mai 2 2000

Andreas
I do not have a Ket trailer... However, there is one in the Chateau de
Creuilly (between Caen and Arromanches) complete with Ket.

Doug
<Jacques Littlefield for one, would probably have one of <these trailers,
but heavens knows what his email address >is?

As far as I know, Littlefield Ket is towing a 3.7 cm. PAK gun, not a
trailer. Unfortunately all the pictures (the two in the Chateau de
Creuilly and the two from the Littlefield private Museum/collection are no
longer on the web, I have just checked it...). Also the Bovington Tank
Museum Ket does not have any trailer nor gun towed.

There is a book (translated from German) in the Schiffer Catalogue: "German
Military Trailers and Towed Equipment in WWII": Sorry, I do not have this
book, but, perhaps, it may have some interesting info.

Regards,
Raimondo - M.V.P.A. 15878
(Need decorative ceramics for presents or collection? For the bnest
original Italian handmade ceramics, please, check here:
http:://www.ceramicofnaples.it)