Re: [MV] GPS: not what you think! (longish)

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 11:52:12 PDT

While what you say makes sense. Doesn't this mean that the DGPS added receiver is
really no longer necessary to get the same accuracy that you would get with the
DGPS add on? I've seen the standard SPS system working in a car with a GPS
antenna tied to a laptop computer and it was precise enough to tell when we had
left the driveway and turned onto the road with the mapping software supplied!
(Delorme) Without the SA, shouldn't this be even better?

I think my friend who was working on the DGPS transmitters for the Coast Guard may
be out of a job!

[At the time we were considering the use of a M101 trailer to transport the laptop
computer. (< required mil-veh content!) (:->) ]
Dave
M51 without GPS so far.