Re: [MV] Winch and lights for Military Humvee

From: Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 15:59:32 PDT

when we were adding equipment to our various CUCV's
both county owned, and the one given to our search team, we used 12 V, with
no problem.
however, when we were going to do that with the 24V HUMVEE that was given to
one of our other vol. fire departments, the national guard moter pool said,
no way jose.

solution:
24V lights from KC and Hella.
They sell them, although KC has to be ordered directly from them, and the
hella ones can be ordered from a local supplier...
( I can highly reccomend one if you want )

also, that same humvee has a 24 volt warn 9000 winch.
even though milemarker winches are what the goverment uses on their MV's, i
would go with a electric one fram warn.

I did research on this a few months ago when i was buying one for my toyota,
email me if youre intrested in what i found out.

--
Jaime Ponce de Leon
(Pronounced HI Mé)