Re: [MV] M211 oil leak

From: M2116X6@aol.com
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 03:34:14 PDT

What you describe sounds like the rear main seal leaking. I just went through
replacing mine. I still leak a little but no where near as much as before.

If the trans is original and never rebuilt it will use straight 30 motor oil.
When the transmissions are rebuilt they are using dextron. Whatever the
current version is. Dextron will have a cherry red color if clean and new.
Brown if older.

Good Luck!
Jim
'52 XM211