vacuum wiper followup

From: Michael Sloan (msloan@idirect.com)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 14:25:01 PDT

My thanks to all those who took the time to offer advise on my vacuum wiper
problems. Here is how it turned out:

1) I went out and bought a vacuum/pressure gauge
2) Put the gauge on at the wiper end. Gauge was madly fluctuating at 0
plus or minus 5 lbs..
3) Tried it at the manifold. It read a steady 17 lbs..
4) Took the vacuum pump out of the circuit and voila - wipers were working
wonderfully.

Obviously the fuel/vacuum pump was the culprit.