Hundreds of New Jeeps for Sale ( Yeah, right !!!)

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 13:16:22 PDT

Dear Listers..........

many of you will have seen the message a few weeks ago which contained
details of some company in Germany offering hundreds of Jeeps for sale
(allegedly a cancelled order).
Well, having heard the "jeeps-in-crates" yarn so many times, and having
pursued a few of these scams and their masterminds (for personal pleasure) in
the past, I contacted the "company" by E-mail for further information about
their wonderful offer. No response. I also asked two German friends to
pursue, likewise, and they also made no progress. I may just be naturally
suspicious, and I may yet be proven wrong, but this "offer" seemed to fit the
pattern of previous yarns. No wonder the DRMS (bless 'em) still appeal for
information about such "new jeeps in crates" tales.
If anyone else has managed to get more information about, or from, the
"vendor".... I would appreciate it being shared with the list....

Kind regards.....
Ken