Re: [MV] M151 Serial number

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 12:48:03 PDT

pd.minton@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I have a friend with a possibly 1967 M-151.. I'm trying to get a closer
 date of delivery for his data plate. The fenders are recessed at the front
 corners for the lights and its weld tag on the drivers side of the tranny
 hump are:
 11639700
 C151-00584
 any help appreciated! >>

Hello Jess.........

well, it ain't a 1967 M151A1, that's for sure ! It's an M151A2, built by AM
General. I have details of one from the same batch, with body tag C151-04600,
which was built under Contract No. DAAE07-77-C-3404 and was delivered (approx
1979). I say "approx" because dataplates were no longer stamped with
date-of-delivery after the serial numbering system changed to the "NBO"
series. Let me know if it has either (or both) of the following :-
(a) Louvered drain holes in the side panels bear the driver & passenger feet
(sides, not floor):
(b) An Evaporative Canister" (looks like a small brake servo) under the hood:

Hope this helps.....

Ken