Ferret fluid couple fluid?

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 17:08:01 PDT

Ferret fluid coupler oil type? I'm not sure now.....

My oil British Military to USA standard conversion table only said red
hydraulic fluid. I know there are several varieties of red hyd. fluid, ATF
Dextron II, Type F.

Seems like last year I was advised to use just ordinary off the shelf
hydraulic fluid as if filling a hydraulic ram or pump, but wanted to be sure
before adding any. Anyone have the answer?

Thanks, Jack