T-245 manifold stud locations

From: Gil Huguley (Gil@huguley.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 08:51:17 PDT

Eminent listers:
I am re-attaching the intake and exhaust manifolds on my T-245 engine. The parts book (ORD 9 SNL G-741) says there are 8 studs at 1 & 13/16", 3 studs at 1 & 21/32", and 2 at 3 & 5/16".
I cannot tell from the exploded diagram where they go. Its pretty obvious where the long ones go, but where do those three 1 & 21/32" go.

I have a picture at http://www.huguley.com/manistud.jpg

I have guessed about the locations of the three remaining studs. Can somebody confirm that I have it correct? Numbering from the leftmost bottom, I have an empty hole at #4, #7, and #10.

As an aside, has anyone tried to buy studs in any increments smaller than 1/4" recently? You really have to search for them! Most parts houses look at you strangely when you ask for a xxx/32" stud.

Thanks for any help,

Gil