M211 oil leak follow up

From: Todd Logan (bugdaddy66@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 08:51:57 PDT

Howdy List;
Sorry to get back so slow, thought I better let those that asked know about
the leak detecting dye I mentioned. The kit is called Vipereyes UV leak
detection kit, and is sold by NAPA for $239.00. A few of us in the area
shared the cost and pass the tool kit around as needed. The dyes are cheap,
about $2.00 per check, and does not require oil change after use. Can be
used for coolant, brake fluid, (don't know about DOT 5 though)
engine/transmission/drivetrain oils. Also used for AC, but not much call for
that with military equipment :). Just add dye, and after operating rig,
shine the UV "flashlight" around until you find the spot that is glowing.
Might see if any local shops use the system, maybe for the cost of the dye
and a six pack, they would let you borrow it on the weekend! Hope that
helps.

Todd Logan
68 M35A2
71 W200 Air Force Crewcab