Re: [Saracen Questions ? Update on seizure

From: NIGEL HAY (Nigelhay@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 06:26:34 PDT

Actually,it was a lot worse than 3 months ..... the REO engine has finaly
been released this month, having been captive on the dockside at Tilbury
since July 1998....they also seized some used M35 cab parts, a transfer case
and 3 Rockewell axles. To quote from the letter of release".....we take a
very serious view of this type of offence and will not be lenient on future
occassions"
I had an export licence for the trucks, trailers and some of the spares, the
seized items were not listed and were subsequently removed from the
shipment.
So Mikes advice is very valid. Some info on UK export licences can be found
via the "New recruits" section of www.milweb.net or direct to the DTI
http://www.dti.gov.uk/export.control/
NIGE