Re: [MV] M37 Brake Drum Measurement

From: ken uhrick (kuhrick@home.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 16:38:12 PDT

> can find in the manual for measurement is that they
>are not supposed to be ground more than .020" larger than
>stock.
>Is stock 14.000" ?
>We are going to pull the drums from my M37 parts truck and
>take them down and have them measured. Has anyone done this
>procedure yet?
>Thanks again and again,
>Lisa

if you cant find good ones
the old ones can be spray welded
the good for this systems
use a ark to heat the filler and it go's splat
and bonds
A place I used too work AT would spray weld crane clutch
WATCH is just a 48 or 60 in brack drum with a slow turning backer plate
WE would add 100/1000 in. too tham
1/10 of a in.
and that would be 100-200 lbs wire filler
the mechs WE used was made BY tafa
metco makes mechs all most the same
a system useing flame spry cant do id. inside that is
if you need more info on spray weld email me off the list
I take it your in the usa
the same spray weld sysyem is used to spray zinc on ships to stop
rusting
its used of steel hyway spans too
sorry to bore you all too death