Re: [MV] M37 Brake Update...

From: Lisa (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 20:10:06 PDT

I had all the drums from both M37's measured by someone competant at Hall brake,
here are the measurements:
14.180"
14.200"
14.200"
14.210"
14.220"
14.235"
14.240"
Beyond 14.240"
Hall Brake said that stock was 14.120" and max was 14.240". I agree that the
linings are thin to begin with---I pinched between the lining and exterior and
thought it seemed thin. The budget is tight and we will only be driving it on mild
trail rides, rallys, and parades. No hills and no heavy loads. Hall wants $67 per
axle to rebond the shoes and arc to the drums; drum resurface is $4 per inch, so
$8 per drum. Looks like my M37 is indeed a parts truck as we are robbing the
better parts from it to put on Barry's. Mine is fast becoming a candidate for a
drivetrain swap.
Thanks for your information, I will remember you for the backing plates.
Lisa