Mule parts wanted/trade

From: t.glance@att.net
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 09:48:15 PDT

I am in need of an electric start kit for my Mule. The
previous owner had welded some type of starter to the
shaft of the pull starter, resulting in an unusable pull
starter that looks like a grenade went off inside of it.
He had also affixed a GM style 12v alternator. I am not
too worried about originality at this point, I just want
to be able to start the thing again.

What I am in need of is either a complete electric start
kit of fragments of one. Is the starter for a gen set
the same as a mule or can it be made to work? I have
heard of a 12v conversion using a Volkswagen starter,
this would also work as I have a functional 12v
electrical system currently on the machine. I could also
use just a starter and whatever mounts it requires, as I
have a number of 24v alternators and generators.

I also need a set of rails, good used or repro.

I have to trade aprox 775-800 NOS side rail bolts,with
lock washers, Willys 1958 MFG in boxes of 24. Also one
used, fair condition basket.

Tim Glance
Clyde, NC