US Army Reserve and Yellow Ferrets?

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 23:49:03 PDT

Hello all,

Got a trivial head scratcher for you all. My wife was on the road
yesterday and called me up to say driving next to her was a National
Guard truck and flatbed with two bright yellow painted Ferrets aboard.
She said there was "US Army Reserve" lettering on them (or something like
that). This was on I-95 around Agusta, Maine.

My question is... what the heck might she have seen and what would their
use be?

So far as I know she did identify them correctly as she knows what a
Ferret looks like. She thinks they are "cute". Heck, she even asked me
if we could get one after seeing what looked to be a Hollywood modified
Ferret while watching the Dirty Dozen with me the other night. Yes
gents, I know I am a lucky man <g>

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. She doesn't want a Pinzgauer because it looks "too military", but
yet she thinks a Ferret armored car is "cool". Women... who can figure
them out? :-)