Info. on Bedford Truck

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 22:53:21 PDT

Question for our UK friends. I have a cousin who recently purchased a
military truck for his house moving business. He said he thought it came
from the British Army. Description as follows:

6x6, at least a 5 ton, 16.00R20 single tires, V-8 Rolls-Royce Diesel, Auto
Trans( lots of speed selections), says Bedford on steering wheel, no other
markings except tag on frame that says Boughton with Ser.No., Cab-over
engine design, bottom of door at least 6ft. from ground. Has latches on
bottom/inside of windshield,appears that part of the top can be removed. Two
large hyd.rams inside the frame(no bed). Also has a gin pole type lift on
rear.

What type of truck is this? What was it used for? How common is it in US? My
only interest is that it's something I've never seen before. Just curious!
Good looking truck!!!!!Someday he'll let me drive it!!!

Thanks, Keith in Tennessee