Re: [MV] HMMWV Starting Problems

From: Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 20:16:08 PDT

Yep, you Can use ether with the 6.2's, only VERY sparingly, and temporarily.
I used ether to get my CUCV with a 89 Humvee engine going to move it around
before finishing up the glow plug system, and no melted plugs or any else
busted after about 3K miles so far. The thing to remember is use less than
1/2 second worth of spray, even with this much, the rattle is quite long and
unhealthy sounding. Gets the motor running though.

My .02,

Andy