Re: [MV] Primary fuel fiter for Multi fuel

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 18:18:13 PDT

DENGOP@aol.com wrote:
> I need the part number for a Wix primary fuel filter for my M35A2. The
> filter in it is a Parker and it will not cross reference to anything.

I have cross-reference information for many M35 parts (but not the
primary fuel filter, unfortunately) on my web page:

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/m44xref/m44xref.html

I'd like to warn you that the fuel filters I got from Memphis
Equipment last November, both primary and secondary, appear to be
incorrect for the truck. Despite their assurances that "they've been
selling them for 50 years", the secondary filters they supplied to me
have their gaskets mounted differently than the original filters, in
such a way that the bearing surfaces between the filters and housings
are metal-on-metal and the gaskets don't do anything. I'm concerned
that a small amount of unfiltered fuel could bypass the filters. The
primary filter they supplied was also made differently than the
original; I don't think it would have worked quite right, either. Just
because the filter fits in the can and the engine runs, that doesn't
mean that it actually filters anything! See my cross-reference page
for more details, including pictures of the right and wrong filters.

In general, I've gotten good service from Memphis... but I wouldn't
buy my fuel filters from them. The oil filters I got from them look
just fine, on the other hand. I have not yet found a source for the
RIGHT primary and secondary fuel filters for my deuce... any leads?

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/