Re: [MV] GPW piston removal

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 04:25:53 PDT

Steve

You can pull the pan with the motor in the vehicle. I even did a valve job on my MB with the motor in. I like to use a leak down tester for compression problems. The tester can tell you if it is a valve, rings or head gasket. The oil trick is good for checking rings. Inspect and clean your oil strainer, mine was 75% blocked and I had to disassemble it to properly clean it. Good Luck.

Dave Fillman
45 MB