Re: [MV] M37/M43 speed-up improvement. Cheap, too!

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 06:58:40 PDT

>After all the insight I received, it looks like the best solution is to
>make up a new dial face for the speedometer, doctor the numbers a bit
>(say, 20% faster numbers), glue it in there, and be happy, driving at 55
>fmph (Funny Miles Per Hour). Jim

You could also have one of those little adapter boxes made up for the speed
cable to make it read fast. I think the guy at the speedo shop is going to
wonder about your sanity however. Actually if your into junk yard
scrounging, you can find those little things now and then, we always grab
them, never know when you might need one, and they are alot cheaper to
reprogram (change the gears) that to get a complete new one.

je