M37/M43 Big Wheels

From: Lisa (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 20:34:14 PDT

Whils scrounging around in a junkyard Saturday we came upon
an M37 with unusual wheels on it. They were 20x6 wheels with
NDT's mounted on them. When asked what they were, we were
told they were from a '50's one ton Chevy truck, and they
had been re-drilled to the larger M37 pattern. Apparently,
no filling is necessary, you just have to be careful how you
line up the M37 holes with the 5 hole pattern of the Chevy.
This would give you a nice tall tire for faster highway
speeds. Has anyone heard of this? Are these wheels hard to
find?
Lisa