Re: [MV] Flywheel Ring gear help needed, MB with CJ2A engine

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 04:49:59 PDT

Brent,

I have installed a ring gear already and it is not that hard to do. A little heat from a torch and it falls on. Make sure the chamfers on the teeth are towards the starter. You can also get a hand crank. Just be sure that you don't put your thumb over the handle, because these motors can kick back hard. Keep your face away from the hand crank also. As long as the carb is primed, my MB starts first try with the hand crank. My MB had mismatched parts also, it took me a couple of weeks to sort the starting system out.

Dave Fillman
45 MB