Re: [MV] GPW starting problems

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 05:28:52 PDT

Bob

You can confirm your TDC mark by pulling your valve cover and looking at the valves for number one. If they are both closed, you should be OK. If one valve is open or partly open, you have to reset your TDC mark. I put a mark on the pulley and one on the timing cover when I had the cylinder head off. My engine is a pile of mismatched M38, CJ2A and MB parts and this was easier than trying to line up the flywheel. Sounds like you have a carb problem, but the thing should at least try to fire. Good Luck.

Dave Fillman
45 MB