Radios for M151

From: Robert D. Brooke (rdb18@csufresno.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 06:43:49 PDT

To anybody, but especially to Mark Blair, and Jim Gilmore, who gave
such complete and helpful answers to the question posed by Jock Jones
re
a radio for his M-37.

Could I ask the same question re the "correct" radio for a 1964
M151A1, which happens at this time to be portrayed as an ARMY Military
Police vehicle. I'm not committed to that, so if the answer for this
era and vehicle varies by branch, I'd be interested to know the
options. Also, if
shortly after 1964, new radios were fielded, I think it would be okay
to put a "new radio in an older MUTT", so if that option is a
possibility, I'd be interested in the possibilities.

Jim, do you have a manual/document for this era as well? Anybody?
And for the various possibilities I guess I will soon learn about, how
about some indication of source, availability, and cost range?

Thank you in advance.

Bob Brooke

mblair1@home.net wrote:

> That's a common question... without an easy answer. There are
> literally dozens of different radio sets, spanning at least two
> generations of radio equipment, which would be correct in an M37.

(snipped)