And youus never know where you'll find a perfect old MV!!!

From: Gordon W. Bell (bellsurveying@smithville.net)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 09:52:24 PDT

Tried to send this when I got back last week and was having trouble with the
format. Figured it out so send now.

Guys,

Had to share this one. Just returned from Russia Monday night. In St
Petersburg last weekend (27-28 May) which also happens to be the anniversary
of the founding of the city. Needless to say the whole town was one big
party. Out on victory square, there were some old cars to which I really
didn't pay attention. It was only going past in the cab that I noticed an
old WW II Jeep (Willy I think but it was only a quick glance from a cab
traveling to fast and dodging pedestrians. It did have the fully pioneer kit
and USA Army Markings. Would love to have went back and got a better look
but the fiancée had different ideas ( If she keeps that up ~ we renegotiate
the contract ;-).

Would really love to know the story of that vehicle. I know we did a lot of
lend lease but, I would like to think of that trade that took place
somewhere along the Elba. And what did Willy and Joe get for that old Jeep
that they weren't going to be needing anymore? Where did Ivan hide the damn
thing when he got it home? There are a million questions and imaginations
can run wild.

Just thought that I'd share.

Gordie Bell