Iowa GSA Sale and M37 for sale

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 21:52:56 PDT

There is a 1954 M37 listed on our Iowa MVPA website at:
http://www.netins.net/showcase/iamvpa/for_sale.htm
Comes with snowplow, Asking price $3000. Pictures!!!
Still a M422a1 for sale also $10,000. No Pictures yet

Stopped by state forestry last week to see all the M38s for sale
There is only one it is item 11 and listed as M38a1. All others are
M38a1. The M38 has 6 point roll cage, rear platform, had a tank
in back at one time. floor pan good, original RMC stamped engine,
original front bumper, still 24 volt. had big nest inside engine
compartment.
seat backs cut off to hold in bucket seats, big rotary style switch cut in
left hand side of dash that switches batteries. Not a bad rig. I am going to
bid maybe, but don't expect to own it at end of the day. Last one they sold
was
similar condition John Bizal paid $3600 for. (over my budget)

The M38a1 were in all conditions from sitting on axles to not bad shape.

3 m37s not to bad best one (that I liked) had top of rear box beat up
badly. Had WW2 hard cab from 2 1/2 ton. painted green. Other one was
a winch model with pto and driveshaft, but no winch.

M715 Maint. Looked very nice.

had a dodge stepvan looked to be well used, empty inside, had postal
data plate?

sorry didn't look at big trucks. (shop van? and 5 ton with 5th wheel
hitch(semi type))

some of these vehicles were used for parts vehicles and missing items.
I didn't have my camera and probably won't before actual sale. I plan to
go if anyone would like to meet me give me an email. You can test my
memory if you have any questions, but I mainly wanted to see M38 and I
was supposed to be working, so if anyone asks I wasn't there.

Mike in Iowa
1952 M37 Dodge 3/4 ton cargo truck
1951 M38 1/4 ton jeep (or pile of parts that look like jeep from a long
distance)
mleaton@netins.net
Iowa MVPA Website: http://www.netins.net/showcase/iamvpa/