GPW torque reaction spring question

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 10:08:08 PDT

Hello All,

I've yet another question about my '42 GPW. I have a torque reaction
leaf/spring installed on the front left axle. I know that the jeep will sit
a little off kilter even if all things were equal as the engine etc. sits a
little to the left of the vehicle. I do however have a noticable lean to the
left that I don't believe would be as pronounced if the torque spring wasn't
there flattening out the suspension spring. I don't wish to remove it and go
without, so I was curious if any of you folks may have tried any remedies. I
have considered taking the spring to a shop and having them put a bit of a
bend in it that will allow the suspension leaf spring bow up a little more.

I'd be curious to hear from some of you.

Thanks,

Bob Kelly
'42 GPW
North Royalton, Ohio