GPW stenciling question

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 11:31:37 PDT

Its me.... again.

I am currently painting on my stencils (from Rick Larsen - nice but come
unstuck easily when its humid) and am getting ready to do the hood markings.
I plan to install paint on the radio suppression "S" but I am not sure
exactly where it goes. Should it go on the cowl, just behind the hood, or
should it go after the registration number (meaning it will be towards the
front of the hood on the right side and rear of the hood on the left side)
or should it go to the rear of the hood on both sides? I am confused. I
don't have or plan to put a "dash" between the reg number and the "s" unless
I get significant response otherwise. I am using 2 or 3 inch stencils, I
forget which. The other markings indicate 2nd Armored Division, 82nd Armored
Reconaissance and I hope to make it representative of a circa late summer
'44 vehicle (has invasion stars).

Thanks again everyone!

Bob Kelly
42 GPW