Gaspee Day Parade !!!

From: CERANTHIA@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 16:17:21 PDT

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know what a great time we had
at the Gaspee Day Parade in Pawtuxet Village,Cranston-Warwick,Rhode Island on
10 June 00. The sky was blue,the temp 100 degrees F, and the beer flowed.
  I drove my M-35 with a crew of family and friends, we followed the USAF
Presidential Drill Team who were sharp as razors. The parade was flawlessly
orchastrated by Milton Wrath and his wife. The air horns made the babys cry
and the big kids stand up and cheer. I was really surprised by the reaction
of the crowds when they saw us rolling by,then I realized that we were the
only MV in the entire parade. The parade lasted for three straight hours,and
only one MV !
The Army National Guard had drill that weekend,and did'nt send a single MV !
There are hundreds,if not thousands, of collectors in New England and only
one MV in a parade that honors the formation of one of the first groups of
"Citizen Soldiers" to take up arms against the British in 1772 !!! I
did my best to let everyone know about the MVPA, I spoke to literally
hundreds of people about the indescribable love affair we have with our
machines and with the hobby. Whenever they would ask: "Why the hell did you
buy that thing???" I would say WHY NOT!!! She's Beautiful !!! A loud laugh
or strange stare would usually follow. We need to get the word out that we
are'nt a bunch of crazies,well maybe I am,but you guys are'nt. 10 June 01,
1000hrs, Pawtuxet-Rhode Island, Gaspee Day Parade--be a part something
special.
 If you're interested call Milton Wrath at (401) 781-1774, he's already
working on next years parade and events. Also 27-28 July 00, Lexington
Ma.,big parade and celebration for the opening of the new Scottish Rite HQ.
Also 27-28 July 00, Weare NH., big northeast MV rally !!! See you all there.
 God Bless America !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Colerick
Plymouth,Ma.
MVPA# 20487
1969 Kaiser/Jeep M-35A2C