Re: [MV] Dingo formerly for sale

From: AlvisStalwart6x6@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 17:23:02 PDT

My thanks to the person who kindly posted the ad for the Dingo that was for
sale in Vancouver, WA. I brought it home safely today and I look forward to
collecting some of the many missing bits that I will need when I start it's
restoration. It needs a through cleaning but it appears to be a solid
subject vehicle to start a restoration from.

Having never seen a Dingo before, I was surprised by the gauge of the sheet
metal bins on the vehicle. They appear 2-3 times the thickness of those on a
Ferret and this explains why they are still intact. The only thing wrong
with some of the bins is that items must have shifted often inside them and
they have some dents. Rust-through is NOT a problem, however, there will be
some dolly work to do, to remove the numerous small dents.

If any of you are curious, I have posted some pictures in a directory, a web
page will come later. The address is:
<http://members.aol.com/AlvisStalwart6x6/Dingo> or a link here: <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/AlvisStalwart6x6/Dingo">Listing of directory:
/AlvisStalwart6x6/Dingo</A>