M151 Question

From: MThom15@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 06:39:15 PDT

OK, I just purchased my first MV, a 70's M151 A2. Before I finally made my
decision, I did quite a bit of research on the internet, books, and got the
jeep manuals on CD. I found tons of info on it, but I have a few questions I
couldn't find.

If the gov't cuts up and crushes the jeeps before they can leave the base,
why are there uncut jeeps (like mine) on the road? I see many of them out on
the road, and know a few people who have them. Did the gov't sell them
uncut, then later stop? Does the gov't sell them to dealers/collectors fully
functional? Is there any way to buy one from the gov't without them
destroying it before giving it to you? If you purchase one that is already
inoperable, will they let you take it for parts without destroying it, or
will they still cut it?

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on the subject. I found lots of pictures
on the internet of MUTT's leaving bases in peices, but no one said how to get
one in one peice. Thanks.

Matt