Re: [MV] Vintage Military Vehicles Available

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 18:23:17 PDT

There is another ex-Soviet sub in New Westminster British Columbia, Canada.
It was operated as a tourist attraction. The businessmen did buy it in
Russia (east coast) and towed it to BC. As I recall the propeller was cut
off for the tow.

The company hit financial problems later on and it was recently up for sale.

I took a tour through it a few years ago. It "felt" like a WWII German
U-Boat inside. Technology seemed old afshioned. Ironically it was built,
used and surplussed AFTER I got out of the navy (1969) and all while my old
ship (HMCS Gatineau), was still in service!

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor MAPLE LEAF UP (Est. 1977) newsletter
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB