Re: [MV] Correct use of bridge plates

From: Rich Weinkauf (RWeinkauf@msn.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 17:29:37 PDT

> What is the correct use of a bridge plate? Do you simply set it for the
> current weight ( tons) of the vehicle?
> When does the "C" above the numbers get used?

The Operator Manual for the M35A2 lists Bridge Plate classifications for the
truck empty and with payload, so it appears the bridge plate numbers get
changed depending on whether you're loaded or not. I mean, if the truck is
loaded...

The "C" is used when you are towing a trailer or other equipment.

The Operator's Manual says to refer to FM 5-36 for more information.

Rich
Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT
HummerID: 97.5 Fly Yellow Wagon
1970 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 MVPA #20486