Another First!

From: Tom DeGraw (surplus@kanab.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 20:51:22 PDT

Anyone's insurance company ever refuse to write a policy on an MV,
specifically an M-37, because it " doesn't qualify as a leisure,
passenger vehicle " and " is defined as to be used during a time of war
rendering it ' dangerous ' to operate. "
I thought I was prepared for everything, but this really surprised me.
Can they ( the underwriters for the carrier ) legally do that? Heck, I'm
going to take my grand kids camping in it...do the insurance companies
think so little of us that they actually believe we would put the kids
safety in jeopardy? I think I'm gonna cancel my other 2 policies with
them...