CJ2A

From: Sixshoot45@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 12:28:35 PDT

Hello list!
I finally finished converting my CJ2A from 6v to 12 v, just got the battery
in a day or two ago. We were going to pull it with my dads F150 to get it
started becuase it hasn't ran inover 5 years. Well we pulled, it wouldn't
turn over, no gas was getting to the engine from the tank, we poured a little
gas right into the gas pump and tried pulling it again, well it turned over,
and then cut off again, we thought that the fuel pump was bad. So we pulled
it back to the house, and found out that the fuel line was clogged, this was
really annoying because the line isn't a week old, and gas was leaking from
somewhere under the tank. yesterday we took the tank and the gas line out, a
mud dobber had clogged the line, probably at the parts store.
But the good news was that the tank isn't leaking, we found out.
When my dad gets home from work were going to put the tank back in and try
again.

I just ordered my Beach Wood Canvas catalog, But I'm not so sure it was a
very good idea because it's probably going to cost me quite a bit of money!!!

If we can get it running, I'm going have to fix the breaks next!

I'll let yall know what happens,

Denny

PS, Does anyone have any pictures of there MB's/GPW's or CJ2A's that they
could email to me, I'd like to get an idea of what one should look like. Mine
looks like its been through hell..hehe, lots of sanding fun!!!