Re: [MV] MV PR

From: Rich Weinkauf (RWeinkauf@msn.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 19:33:18 PDT

> My son took his 2 1/2 Studebaker Compressor truck to local Studebaker car
> club meet, after looking at data plate that plainly says made by
Studebaker
> he was welcomed as a bona-fide Studebaker owner and given all the courtesy
> you could ask for, and lots of the people came to see the biggest
Sudebaker
> they ever saw.

I attended an "Orphan" car show a couple weeks ago (only entries allowed are
those by manufacturers no longer in business), and the featured manufacturer
was Willys-Overland. The only vehicles even close to an MV were two 1947
CJ2s.

I approached the show organizers about entering my 1970 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 in
next year's show. As I described the truck they began nodding their heads
up and down- yes, they would love to have me in the show next year!

A unique feature of this show is it's a "rolling" show, where the cars are
taken from static display in groups by manufacturer to parade and stop by a
reviewing stand while three extremely knowledgeable narrators comment on the
history of the vehicle, the parent company, and invite the owner to add
interesting facts. Takes a long time, but one of the most enjoyable shows
I've been to.

I'm looking forward to the contrast of my 4-color camo newly-painted (with a
brush) truck on the line with the spit-and-polish collectors.

Rich

Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT
HummerID: 97.5 Fly Yellow Wagon
1970 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 MVPA #20486